Sometimes an affiliate is shared the same Campaign from multiple advertisers. If you are the affiliate in this situation, LeadConduit allows you to choose which advertiser will receive new leads submitted to the Campaign. Only one advertiser may receive your leads at any given time. If you need to change the advertiser that is receiving the leads, you must do this through your LeadConduit account. The posting instructions are the same no matter which advertiser is selected to receive the leads.
The default advertiser
Out of the box, LeadConduit will always send leads to the advertiser that first shared the Campaign with you. If another advertiser later shares the same Campaign, you may change your advertiser selection so that the new advertiser receives all your leads.
Changing the advertiser which receives your leads
- Log into LeadConduit and visit the Campaigns View.
- If multiple advertisers have shared the same campaign, the "Advertisers" column will contain "multiple."
- Click on the Campaign name.
- In the "Choose Advertiser" section, you may select which advertiser will receive your leads. This section is not shown if the Campaign has only been shared by one advertiser.
- When you have made your selection, click the "Select Advertiser" button to commit your change. Leads will immediately begin flowing to the selected advertiser, and the other advertisers will receive none.
Why is the advertiser I want to select disabled?
You may notice that one of the advertisers has been disabled. This is because the advertiser has selected you, or one of your affiliates, as the lead recipient in this Campaign. If you were allowed to select the disabled advertiser, you would create an infinite loop where leads flowed to your selected advertiser, who would then in-turn provide the leads back to you. The leads would never reach the owner of the campaign.
Special notes about Posting Info
- for affiliates: The Posting Info (aka "technical instructions") remains the same regardless of which advertiser you have selected. Leads are always posted into a campaign using your xxNodeId parameter. The xxNodeId parameter corresponds to the campaign and the affiliate. This parameter does not change, even when you alter your advertiser selection. LeadConduit handles sending leads to the selected advertiser internally -- it is not possible to alter which advertiser receives leads by manipulating a lead post.
- for advertisers: You may find that the Posting Info link is shown as "not available" for some affiliates. This happens when an affiliate has several advertisers it can send leads to, and their current selection is an advertiser other than you. Although the posting info for that affiliate is the same no matter which advertiser they've chosen to send their leads to, this is a reminder that this affiliate's leads will not come to you until their LeadConduit configuration is changed (as described above).